What should I bring to the session?
- Newborn Session: Bring drinks, snacks, books, tablets or laptops to keep you busy during the session since the newborn session will take several hours.
How long does the session take?
- Newborn session: The session will typically last 2-4 hours depending on the baby‘s mood. To ensure a successful session, please follow my preparation instructions that are provided when you book your slot.
Do we offer mini newborn sessions or do it in a shorter amount of time?
- No, the amount of time needed to settle the baby with feeding, soothing and posing can take up the majority of the session.
When should I book my session?
- As soon as possible since Elvie can only photograph 6 newborns per month.
Why must the newborn be photographed before 2 weeks old?
- Newborns become alert quicker and less flexible after 2 weeks of age. This makes soothing and posing a lot more difficult which limits the opportunity for amazing shots.
Do all of your newborn photos have to be done naked? Can I put my baby in an outfit?
- In newborn photography, the natural skin of the baby is what makes this timeless art. If bringing an outfit, it must fit snug on the baby or it will not be used.
Where are the sessions held?
- Newborn sessions – Are held in Elvie’s home-studio located in the Andersonville neighborhood, north side of Chicago.
Can you do my baby’s newborn session in my home?
- Yes, but it will have to be a natural light lifestyle newborn session where the focus would be on the baby in his/her nursery while bonding with parents.
Can I get some photos with the baby’s older siblings?
- Yes, but depending on the siblings age we will try our best. Many times siblings don’t want to take pictures nor be near their new baby sibling.
Do you travel?
- Depending on the distance. A travel fee will be applied after 5 miles from 60640.
I have a prop I’d like to have photographed during my session, can we use it?
- Maybe, it all depends on the size and type of prop/family heirloom. My vision of your session will also determine if the item could be used.